As the post summer real world whirlwind of life swirls about you, are you ready and organized?
Pilots use checklists, as do many others. So here’s one to help you get your health related concerns organized.
- Preventive Checkups, cancer screenings and cleanings for the family
- Regular periodontal maintenance appointments
- Athletic mouth guards for sports –new or condition evaluation of old ones
- Annual condition review of bruxism mouth guard
- Fissure sealants for the children as teeth grow into the mouth
- Fluoride treatments for the children
- Orthodontics appointments
- Annual condition review of oral sleep apnea appliance
- Annual denture checkup and oral examination for cancer and other diseases
- Updated any changes to your dental insurance coverage with your dental home
- Annual physical and blood work if appropriate
- Vaccinations –age appropriate and seasonal e.g. influenza
- Travel vaccinations if going to disease prevalent areas (includes some of the sunny vacation spots)
- Cancer screenings for men and women
- Ongoing care and tests for chronic diseases e.g. diabetes
You may also have regular care from allied health care providers such as massage therapists and chiropractors to name a few. Are those organized?
We could belabour the list, but You know what you have to do. Hopefully this makes it a easier to navigate your through the whirlwind.
Remember Oral wellness, Whole health starts now.