What to Expect On Your First Visit:
Please assist us at your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- a list of your current prescribed medications, over- the- counter medications and supplements that you are taking,
- contact information for your physician, medical and dental specialists,
- dental insurance information.
- please inform us if you have a medical condition or concern (e.g. artifical heart valves or joints, heart murmurs that require pre-medication; severe diabetes, or other conditions).
Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for their initial appointment.
Once here, we will discuss your concerns and we will complete:
- an in-depth medical and dental health history,
- a thorough examination including hard and soft tissues,
- an oral cancer screening,
- a TMJ [ jaw joints] evaluation,
- an examination of decayed, missing and filled teeth,
- and an evaluation for periodontal [ gum] disease.
This will include intraoral photographs, x-rays, study models and microbiological testing when needed.
We will discuss all of our findings with you at the end of the appointment to make sure that we have addressed your concerns. Upon reviewing your records, we will give you a summary of our findings with our recommendations for treatment.
Do I Need X-Rays?
We will need current x-rays in order to see disease not otherwise visible.
If your referring or previous dentist has taken x-rays within the last 2 years, you may request that they be forwarded to us, or you may bring them with you.
If more x-rays are required for a proper diagnosis, we are very pleased to offer our patients DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHY. Digital x-rays expose our patients to considerably less radiation; imaging availability is virtually instantaneous with diagnostic clarity and detail that is remarkable. It also permits us to electronically transfer your digital x-rays when needed.
For More Information contact us at (905) 667 8707.