Dental Hypnosis Dentist in Hamilton
Dr. Gabor Filo may be able to help you overcome your dental problems
Hypnosis has been described as ‘tunnel vision for greater awareness’. It gives patients the tools
to help themselves whether it is for physical or psychological concerns.
Dr. Filo teaches his patients self-hypnosis to have a life skill to help themselves when
they need it. Self-hypnosis skills are the ultimate acts of self-control. Focused minds are more
Some individuals have higher native hypnotic talent and capacity that may allow them to
benefit more readily, but everyone can benefit from hypnosis. Individual responses vary.
When Will Hypnosis be Beneficial?
Hypnosis will be most effective when you are highly motivated to overcome a problem.
Hypnosis can be a very helpful aid to treatment, but just like any other clinical method it can fail!
What is hypnosis used for in Dentistry?
You can use it for:
- Behaviour Modification –e.g. helping to create a routine for brushing and flossing,
- Relaxation- before, during and after dental care,
- Anxiety Control and Fear Elimination,
- Pre-treatment Desensitization – to help you remain calm and controlled. If used with anxiety medication, less medication may be needed,
- Controlling Undesirable Habits -Tongue Thrust, Reverse Swallowing, TMJ Dysfunction, Bruxism, Clenching, for example,
- Amnesia, Analgesia, Anesthesia for Pain Control whether acute or chronic pain,
- Prevention of Gagging and Nausea,
- Control of Saliva and Bleeding,
- Creative visualization for healing,
- Appliance Tolerance like dentures, orthodontic appliances, night guards, etc. leading to an enhanced Self-image, Self-esteem, and Confidence,
- Dental surgery.
In the mental health arena, it is used for any problem with psychological components and
in medicine, its’ uses are similar to dentistry covering physical and mental health issues.
Call (905-667-8707) or email us for our Hypnosis FAQ’s package.